Felt is building a new collaborative experience in an under-explored creative medium, with a deep focus on climate.
We're hiring designers and engineers who believe in craftsmanship and using technology for good.
Talk to us to learn a lot more about what we're up to!
- You are obsessed with polish and performance; your work makes you proud.
- You understand the web fundamentals and how front-end code fits into it.
- You worry less about the tooling, and more about the end result.
- Have experience with Canvas, WebGL or other web graphics technologies
Web Application Engineers
- You are product driven and believe in doing the right thing by the user first.
- You know how to secure a web application, how to make it fast, and how different services interact.
- You have experience building a real-time collaborative platform.
- Ideally have experience with Elixir and the OTP platform
- You are comfortable working a lot of different types of data and command-line tools.
- You primarily write code for production, but aren't afraid to write the occasional throw-away script.
- You know how many different services interact, are comfortable spinning up a new one if required.
- Ideally have deep Python experience.
Product & Brand Designers
- You are a designer with a proven track record with several years of modern web app experience
- Have the range to move from high level concepts to detailed mocks to pairing with engineers to bring a design to life
- Enjoy designing highly interactive, fun, and unexpected UIs; can integrate brand into the product in thoughtful ways
- Want to dive deep into a new domain that impacts millions of people
We Offer Top-Tier Benefits & Flexibility 🧑🏽⚕️ 🏥 🗺
Benefits for all Positions
- Competitive salary (75% percentile) and equity packages based on Bay Area
- 100% platinum healthcare coverage for you and your family
- 401(K) plans with matching on day one
- 5 weeks (25 days) vacation per year
Work from anywhere in the US
- We have a beautiful office in Oakland, CA – you can work here or remotely anywhere in the US
- Lots of opportunities to meet the rest of the team in-person including regular retreats
- Pay stays the same wherever you are!
How to Apply
- Send an email to [email protected] with either your resume or a link to your LinkedIn / Github profile.
Once you Apply as an Engineer
- We review your application materials.
- You get on the phone with one of co-founders to learn more about you and you about us
- You take a small take-home challenge tailored to your role
- We do an onsite (currently over Zoom) interview where you solve a real technical problem, tell us about what your values are, and learn more about us
Felt is founded by Sam Hashemi and Can Duruk. It is well-funded by a group of hand-picked investors.
Sam was the CEO and co-founder of Remix (YC W15), which was acquired by Via for $100M. Can is a seasoned technologist, an early Uber engineer and the co-creator of Margins. Together, they have a playful spirit and an obsession with great products.